Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Request for Artwork


This is a piece called "Beloved" and if you think you see Oprah, you do.  I don't always agree with Oprah, but I admire her.  She found her calling and she passionately helps others find theirs and that is so admirable.  This piece started as a paper collage using magazine images (one from her spread with "Vogue" magazine so many years ago) which I run through a series of line drawing modifications until I'm happy and then I turn it into a hand embroidered piece on silk.
The image represents the aura(l) energy embodied in her spirit broadcasting to the community and the 'disillusion/dissolution' of her ego into the higher human consciousness - she is an inspiration! 
I have had several people suggest I send a photo in and try to get on the show but I've never pursued it because I'm sure she gets a million requests every day.  
Anyway, tell me what you think,
Arlene

2 comments:

Lucidious said...

Even though I'm not a big fan of Oprah, I have to say thats a very interesting piece. I've never seen anything done like that before, very cool!

Erik said...

Amazing work! I hope you decide to share more and i hope you decide to send a one in a million request to Oprah. She would likely love it!