Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Second Request for Artwork


Hello Again, Lucidious,
Here is my next piece.  I titled this one "Flamenco" because the roses at the bottom reminded me of the skirts of Flamenco dancers and her pose looked relevant, too.  This is an earlier piece to "Beloved" and the first more refined piece in this genre.  It is also on a silk dupioni and framed by the Frame House in Dallas.  It's also more fashion oriented than my other pieces, although, the element of fashion does play a big role in all of them.  
It's one of my favorites.



2 comments:

April said...

Lucid recently directed me to this page, and I have to say the artwork you have posted is lovely. I am curious about the medium you use. The first picture that you said was modeled after Oprah I did not really look at closely, but the second one I did, and it looks almost like embroidery.

Regardless of what it is, it is very nice.

Arlene said...

Good Eye, April,
It is indeed embroidery - all hand done. Maybe I should take pics of the backs and post those too?

Thank you for your comment!
Arlene