Saturday, March 20, 2010

I have exactly 15 minutes

to write this entry before I go pick up Erik at the airport.
So, George and I 'land' in Spokane for our last night as a traveling team and stay at the Days Inn in Airway Heights. This place rec'd good reviews online but I should warn you that there is no elevator and the breakfast just straight up sucked (every bit was wheat based, not even a piece of fruit!).
The staff was friendly and very helpful, though, which I greatly appreciated. By the time we tried to start the car, we had discovered that the Element battery had not retained it's charge and we were sooo hungry! One of the hotel staff very generously drove us down the road an Asian Fusion place - Korean food. It was AWESOME! I can't believe it's out in the middle of relatively nowhere. So, I must say 'thank you' to the gentleman at Days Inn for so kindly driving us to food - you rock!
The next morning, George was off to the airport to meet Dino in LA and I continued on my way, alone, to Omak where I would be meeting Erik later that night.
It was a beautiful drive, mostly through First Nations reserves; which means, a single two-lane road up through the mountains around Coulee Dam - well, I should say, you pass through Coulee Dam and then into the Colville Reservation. I'm sure I looked like a fish out of water driving that big truck and hauling that Element - I saw several people stop to stare at me driving by.
Well, the time flies around here - amazingly so, since I haven't been working at all. Well, I should say, I've been meeting people, and running around the area introducing myself to anyone who will listen, but no firm job interviews or offers yet. The secret is not to panic. I only worked a paltry 12 weeks last year and hey, I'm still here, still out of debt, and living with a great family in a beautiful country. As I've said before, I'm one of the luckiest people I know.
I'm going to keep this one brief as each day that passes, some new interesting thing pops up and I can't keep up with it all. I wish you all joy and peace and will write again soon,
AW

No comments: